Wednesday, October 30, 2013

October tag...

Hello all!

It's been a crazy month, but I did have a little time yesterday evening to hit my studio and catch up on some projects, including my October tag!


Materials/tools used:
 - Ranger Inkssentials Manila Tags
 - Ranger Distress Ink: Black Soot, Brushed Corduroy, Peeled Paint, Stormy Sky, Walnut Stain
 - Ranger Distress Glitter: Broken China, Mowed Lawn
 - Ranger Distress Paint: Broken China, Mustard Seed, Peeled Paint, Picket Fence, Spiced Marmalade
 - Ranger Archival Ink: Jet Black
 - Ranger Glossy Accents
 - idea-ology: Crinkle Ribbon, Grunge Board, Vial Labels
 - Ranger Heat Tool
 - Ranger Inkssentials Mister
 - Ranger Inkssentials Foam Blending Tool
 - Stamps by Tim Holtz for Stampers Anonymous: CMS120, CMS167
 - Sizzix Movers & Shapers Dies: Mini Apothecary Bottles
 - Sizzix Big Shot

This month's technique was really about familiarizing yourself with the Distress Glitter.  I have to admit, I'm not really a "glitter" person.  I get too easily frustrated by the way it sticks to everything, and you continue finding little pieces of it in various places months later.  When I need sparkly, I usually use Stickles.  Consequently, I only own 4 colours of Distress Glitter so far, so my options for the tag were a little limited.  If I had it to do over, I'd probably choose some different colours, but at least I spent some time playing with them.  I DO have to say that cleaning up after this glitter wasn't that difficult.  It wiped up easily, and washed off my hands easily, so that was cool.  I was a bit frustrated though, when trying to ink over the top of the glittered pieces, that I wound up with glitter sticking to my blending foam and ink pad.  It's an interesting technique, but probably not one I'll use on a regular basis.

But it's good to try new things, right?  :-)

I'll have another Challenge project to share, either later today or tomorrow morning.  

'Til then,
BAC

No comments:

Post a Comment