Friday, May 31, 2013

And a bonus tag for May...

There's a private group I recently joined that posts a monthly challenge.  Usually I don't have time, but this time around I decided to give it a shot.  The given theme was "Stencilating Creative heART", and here's my tag:


Materials used:
 - Ranger Inkssentials Manila Craft Tags
 - Ranger Distress Ink: Mowed Lawn, Peacock Feathers, Salty Ocean, Shaded Lilac
 - Ranger Distress Paint: Broken China, Bundled Sage, Weathered Wood
 - Ranger Distress Stain: Salty Ocean
 - Ranger Archival Ink: Cobalt, Deep Purple, French Ultramarine, Olive
 - idea-ology Crinkle Ribbon
 - Stamps by Tim Holtz for Stampers Anonymous: CSS30188, CSS30201, CSS30218
 - Dylusions 5x8 Stencil: Diamond of a Border

This tag wound up being more of a challenge for me than I first intended.  I started out playing with some of my Dylusions spray inks, but I had a ton of trouble getting a nice application through the stencil.  After several completely messy tags, I switched to Distress Paint.  I still had some trouble getting the stencil to lay completely flat (I may need to put it between a few heavy books for a few days!), but I think you can at least tell that there's a diamond pattern in there.  :-)  AND I got to mess around with Distress Paints resisting Distress Ink a little bit, so that was fun.  :-)

More views:



My tag is far from perfect, but it's all a learning experience, right?  I'm not giving up completely on the Dylusions inks, but I'm going to need a lot more time playing with them before I'm as comfortable with them as I am the Distress products.

Talk to you soon!
BAC

3 comments:

  1. I like that blurred diamond! Your tag is wonderful and I love all those colors. I especially like how that pointing hand is so subtle. I didn't notice it until I really looked. Love when that happens!

    ReplyDelete