Sunday, July 28, 2013

Challenge: "Patriotic Anything Goes"

Hi everybody!

Back finally with another project!  :-)  (I feel like I've been away forever!)  This one was for another private challenge, and the theme was "Patriotic Anything Goes".  That is, to create something with a patriotic theme with "whatever we have lying around".

This seemed like a perfect opportunity to use:

Remember me from last month?

That's right, that background that didn't quite go right because I forgot to add water before swiping my tag.  I knew I'd find a use for it!!

Here's the finished project:


Materials used:
 - Ranger Inkssentials Manila Craft Tags
 - Ranger Distress Ink: Faded Jeans, Frayed Burlap, Walnut Stain
 - Ranger Distress Paint: Broken China
 - Ranger Distress Stain: Brushed Pewter, Faded Jeans, Fired Brick
 - Ranger Distress Crackle Paint: Clear Rock Candy
 - Ranger Archival Ink: Olive
 - idea-ology Grungepaper
 - idea-ology Seasonal Chit Chat
 - Sizzix Bigz Die: Old Glory
 - Stamp by Tim Holtz for Stampers Anonymous: CMS145
 - Maya Road Twine Cording: Blueberry, Tomato Red
 - Foam dots from my stash

I'll be posting my July tag in the next day or two, but when you see it, you'll see I deviated from Tim's flag theme.  (Since I spent so much time on that theme last month for the Colour Challenge.)  But I LOVED what he did with the flag cutout, the crackle paint, and the Distress stain.  Had to include that!

Other than that, this was a fairly simple one, but I really liked how it came out!  :-)

That's it for now!  Talk to you soon!
BAC

No comments:

Post a Comment