Wednesday, August 28, 2013

August tag!!

Hello again!

In just a few hours, I'll be on my way out the door for a fun long weekend in Massachusetts!  But first, here's my tag!  :-)


Materials used:
 - Ranger Inkssentials Manila Craft Tags
 - Ranger Distress Inks: Black Soot, Walnut Stain
 - Ranger Distress Markers: Chipped Sapphire, Fired Brick, Pumice Stone
 - Ranger Distress Stain: Brushed Corduroy, Pumice Stone
 - Ranger Archival Ink: Jet Black
 - Tsukineko Staz-on Ink: Jet Black
 - idea-ology Word Bands
 - Inkadinkadoo Stamping Mask Paper
 - Stamps by Tim Holtz for Stampers Anonymous: CMS162
 - Maya Road Twine Cording: Blackberry

Tools used:
 - Ranger Heat Tool
 - Ranger Inkssentials Mister
 - Ranger Inkssentials Foam Blending Tool
 - Tonic Craft Scissors
 - Tonic Paper Distresser
 - idea-ology Tiny Attacher

Notes:
 - With a good bit of travel behind me this summer, and one last road trip approaching quick, I was LOVING Tim's travel theme this month!  I went with (what else?) ROAD TRIP!!!  Tim's full-size Travel cling mount sets are definitely on my wishlist, but what I had was the Travel Ways sets, so I made do with some smaller stamps.  I still like how it turned out!
 - What I was less crazy about, though, was the behaviour I got from my manila tags!  I've been keeping my tags standing up in a tray on my craft table for easy access.  I'm not sure if it's due to the high humidity here these past few days, or the recent rains (they ARE kinda close to an open window), but the upper edges of my tags would not dry completely for anything.  They sucked up the stain colours, and even after a few minutes with the heat tool, were only sort of dry along those edges.  If you look at the pictures, you'll see what I mean: the edges of the tag are much darker on the top half than the bottom.  (I had the same problem yesterday with the tags for the challenge, but was able to disguise it pretty well.)  Maybe time to rethink where I keep those!  :-/
 - I knew I had blank mask material in the studio, and I thought it was the clear idea-ology stuff, but when I checked that drawer, it was the Inkadinkadoo (I think I found it on clearance at Joann's awhile back).  Worked pretty much the same, but because it's white rather than clear, lining it up to cover the image below was a little more of a pain.  And it was decidedly one-time use, unlike the idea-ology mask material.  I'll be giving that stuff a try quite soon, I think.  :-)

More views:



Well, that's it for me, for now.  Hope you have fun plans for this last weekend of summer!  :-)  

Talk to you soon!

BAC

No comments:

Post a Comment