Monday, September 30, 2013

Challenge: "Color Pattern Blocking/Patchwork"

Hi everybody!

This project was for another challenge in a private group. The theme this month was "Color Pattern Blocking", and Patchwork backgrounds a la Dyan Reaveley.

Here's my tag:


Materials/tools used:
 - Ranger Inkssentials Manila Craft Tags
 - Ranger Distress Ink: Salty Ocean
 - Ranger Distress Markers: Broken China, Chipped Sapphire, Dusty Concord, Faded Jeans, Mowed Lawn, Peacock Feathers, Peeled Paint, Pine Needles, Salty Ocean, Shabby Shutters, Stormy Sky, Victorian Velvet
 - Ranger Archival Ink: Cobalt, Deep Purple, Olive
 - Ranger Inkssentials Foam Blending Tool
 - idea-ology Chit Chat
 - Maya Road Twine Cording: Blueberry, Celery Green
 - Sharpie pen: Black
 - Stamps by Tim Holtz for Stampers Anonymous: CSS25870, CSS25887, CSS30195

I started out by making big swirly doodles on my tag, and colouring them in with my Distress markers in various shades of green, blue, and purple (aka Liz colours :-) ).

Well, actually, I started with a much more complicated doodle, that I was colouring in with Dylusions in a waterbrush.  Got about halfway finished, and accidentally spilled an open bottle of Dylusions over it. :-( Decided it was time for a new gameplan.

But I liked the background I got with the Distress markers, and it's a new background I've never tried before, so that's cool! :-)

More views:



And just for a good measure, a pic of my previous doodle, before I started adding colour:


I'll likely do a similar one again soon, but didn't quite have the heart right after spilling Lime Green Dylusions all over the first.  :-/

1 comment:

  1. Beautiful! Actually like the simplified version, with all the stamps and words, it is just perfect. Colors are great!

    ReplyDelete