This project was for another challenge in a private group. The theme this month was "Color Pattern Blocking", and Patchwork backgrounds a la Dyan Reaveley.
Here's my tag:
- Ranger Inkssentials Manila Craft Tags
- Ranger Distress Ink: Salty Ocean
- Ranger Distress Markers: Broken China, Chipped Sapphire, Dusty Concord, Faded Jeans, Mowed Lawn, Peacock Feathers, Peeled Paint, Pine Needles, Salty Ocean, Shabby Shutters, Stormy Sky, Victorian Velvet
- Ranger Archival Ink: Cobalt, Deep Purple, Olive
- Ranger Inkssentials Foam Blending Tool
- idea-ology Chit Chat
- Maya Road Twine Cording: Blueberry, Celery Green
- Sharpie pen: Black
- Stamps by Tim Holtz for Stampers Anonymous: CSS25870, CSS25887, CSS30195
I started out by making big swirly doodles on my tag, and colouring them in with my Distress markers in various shades of green, blue, and purple (aka Liz colours :-) ).
Well, actually, I started with a much more complicated doodle, that I was colouring in with Dylusions in a waterbrush. Got about halfway finished, and accidentally spilled an open bottle of Dylusions over it. :-( Decided it was time for a new gameplan.
But I liked the background I got with the Distress markers, and it's a new background I've never tried before, so that's cool! :-)
And just for a good measure, a pic of my previous doodle, before I started adding colour:
I'll likely do a similar one again soon, but didn't quite have the heart right after spilling Lime Green Dylusions all over the first. :-/