I'm headed out of town for a few days in the morning, but first I wanted to share my July tag with you! :-)
Here it is:
- Ranger Inkssentials Manila tags
- Ranger Distress Ink: Evergreen Bough, Gathered Twigs, Salty Ocean
- Ranger Distress Stain: Pumice Stone, Weathered Wood
- Ranger Distress Paint: Antique Linen, Broken, China, Peeled Paint, Salty Ocean, Weathered Wood, Wild Honey
- Ranger Distress Crackle Paint: Clear Rock Candy
- Ranger Distress Markers: Brushed Corduroy, Pumice Stone
- Ranger Distress Embossing Powder: Antique Linen, Black Soot
- Ranger Distress Glitter: Antique Linen
- Ranger UTEE: Clear
- Ranger Glossy Accents
- Ranger Distress Marker Spritzer
- Ranger Heat Tool
- Ranger Inkssentials Foam Blending Tool
- Ranger Inkssentials Mister
- Core'dinations Tim Holtz Kraft Core: #2, #9, #11
- idea-ology: Grungeboard, Jute String, Linen Ribbon, Sanding Grip, Tiny Attacher, Word Bands
- Sizzix Big Shot
- Sizzix Bigz die: Sand & Sea
- Sizzix Decorative Strip die: Spring Greenery
- Sizzix Movers & Shapers dies: Mini Sand & Sea
- Quickutz Circles A2 embossing folder
- Tonic Craft Scissors
- Plastic palette knife
- Single whole punch
- Clear plastic (I reused the package from a Sizzix Bigz die)
As with each of the 12 Tags, techniques can be found on Tim's blog. :-)
- The tag is pretty close to Tim's example. I switched up a couple of colours here and there, and used a different embossing folder for the plastic, but the effect of the bubbles is pretty much the same.
- I still don't own the #8 tag die (someday!), so I just cut my embossed plastic using a blank tag as a guide. The plastic slipped a bit, so it's not perfect, but it's pretty close. :-) Then used my single hole punch to punch the hole at the top.
- Couldn't lay my hands on my paper distresser (which I'm sure will jump out at me, now that I'm finished with the tag), but in a pinch, you can use one of the craft scissor blades to get the same effect.
- I really enjoyed making the "sand", but I probably should have used a little bit more Glossy Accents in my mix. Not sure how well it's going to stay, or if I'm going to wind up replacing it in a few days. :-/
Well, that's it for now. I'm HOPING to get one more project done on Thursday of this week, so hopefully I'll talk to you then!