Thursday, January 30, 2014

Beginning a New Year: January tag

Well, I successfully made it through all 12 tags last year, and I'm looking to repeat that again this year.  So, without further ado, my January tag:


Materials/tools used:
 - Ranger Inkssentials Manila Craft Tags
 - Ranger Distress Inks: Black Soot, Pumice Stone
 - Ranger Distress Paint: Black Soot
 - Ranger Distress Stain: Pumice Stone
 - Ranger Archival Ink: Jet Black
 - Ranger Dylusions Spray Ink: Black Marble
 - Ranger Glossy Accents
 - Ranger Metal Foil Tape
 - idea-ology: Chit Chat, Grunge Board, Journaling Tickets, Jump Rings, Long Fasteners, Mini Gears, Remnant Rubs - Numbers, Sanding Grip, Sprocket Gears, Tiny Attacher, Type Charms, Wire Pins
 - Maya Road Twine Cording: Blackberry
 - Ranger Heat Tool
 - Ranger Inkssentials Mister
 - Ranger Inkssentials Blending Foam
 - Tonic Studios: Craft Pick, Craft Scissors
 - Sizzix Big Shot
 - Sizzix Bigz Die: Picture Wheel
 - Sizzix Texture Fades: Steampunk
 - Stamp by Tim Holtz for Stampers Anonymous: CSS27911
 - Tim Holtz for Stampers Anonymous Layering Stencil: Clockwork

Notes:
 - This month I went out of my way to use tools/dies etc. that I already had.  So my tag looks quite a bit different from Tim's example.  That said, I love the picture wheel die!  So much fun!
 - Still lacking that splatter brush, so once again, I used Dylusions ink spray to get my splatter effect.  Worked pretty well!
 - Went with a basic type charms rather than creating one with remnant rubs, since it seems I don't have a 1/2" round punch (yet!).  That one'll be on the list quite soon!
 - Overall, though, I like how my tag turned out!  :-)

Additional views:



That's it for now!  Time to get back to getting over my cold.  

'Til next time!
BAC

No comments:

Post a Comment