Friday, January 31, 2014

One last project for January... (IE Monthly Challenge: Dieing for 2014)

Hello again!

Turns out I had one last project in me for January!  This one is for Inspiration Emporium's Monthly Challenge.  The January theme is "Dieing for 2014", so lots of diecuts and punched pieces.  :-)

Here's my tag:


Materials/tools used:
 - Ranger Inkssentials Manila Craft Tags
 - Ranger Inkssentials Black Craft Tags
 - Ranger Distress Ink: Tea Dye
 - Ranger Archival Ink: Deep Purple, Vermillion
 - Ranger Glossy Accents
 - Ranger Metal Foil Tape
 - idea-ology: Film Strip Ribbon, Grungeboard, Tiny Attacher
 - Ranger Inkssentials Blending Foam
 - Tonic Studios Craft Scissors
 - Sizzix Big Shot
 - Sizzix dies: Dream, Picture Wheel
 - Stamps by Hampton Arts: Graphic 45 Curtain Call 1
 - Double-stick tape, foam dots, ribbon from my stash

After I posted my January Tim tag yesterday, someone commented to me privately that the foil-tape covered picture wheel had reminded him of a film reel.  So I decided to embrace that idea and see where it took me.  :-)

The most challenging bit of constructing this tag was definitely getting the filmstrip ribbon to do something approximating the idea I had in my head.  ;-)  I wound up using 4 layers of foam dots to get the picture wheel to the right height above the rest of the tag.  That let me keep the film strip ribbon sideways, as if it were actually coming off a reel.  I have to say, film strip ribbon is a lot of fun to play with, and from time to time, I size down little pictures to pair with it on ATCs.  (See my Thumper card for an example.)

Additional views:



Well, that's my last project for January 2014 - promise!  ;-)

'Til next time!
BAC

No comments:

Post a Comment