Wednesday, January 29, 2014

Challenge: "Let It Snow"

Hey all,

I know, I've been quiet again for a few weeks.  I've been super busy, both at work and outside of it, and most recently, I've been sick.  :-(  So my crafting time has suffered somewhat.  But deadlines approach, and thus I rally!

This tag was created for a challenge within a private group.  The theme was "Let It Snow".  Here's my tag:


Materials/tools used:
 - Ranger Inkssentials Black Tags
 - Ranger Distress Ink: Salty Ocean
 - Ranger Archival Ink: Cobalt, Cornflower Blue
 - Ranger Embossing Antiquities powder: Frosted Crystal
 - Ranger Heat Tool
 - Tonic Craft Scissors
 - Sizzix Big Shot
 - Sizzix Tim Holtz Texture Fades: Snow Flurries
 - Stamps by Tim Holtz for Stampers Anonymous: CMS136, CSS27911
 - Silver cardstock, white cardstock, blue ribbon, double-stick tape from my stash

As I started my tag, I was thinking about the fact that our winter here has been rough so far.  Lots of snow, very cold temperatures, and lots of snow days for the local school districts.  I'm completely over winter, and I know there's a lot more still to come!  But I know that even though I might greet more snow with dread, others (mostly kids with lots of time to play!) greet it with joy and wonder.  Hence the idea of "it's all perspective".  :-)

I made the snowflakes in the background by embossing my silver cardstock, rubbing Distress ink over the raised areas, and embossing with the Frosted Crystal powder (remember that Distress ink stays wet longer than other dye inks, so you can emboss with any colour!).  It was a bit of an experiment for me, but I really liked how it turned out!  I'm really super-duper LOVING the Frosted Crystal powder!  I'm seeing lots of future uses for it.

More views:



That's it for now, but expect the first of my 12 Tags of 2014 within the next couple of days!  :-)

'Til then,
BAC

No comments:

Post a Comment