Tuesday, February 25, 2014

February tags...times 2!

That's right, I did 2 tags using Tim's inspiration this month!

If you've been reading this blog for a bit, then you know that if I don't have a certain stamp or die featured in Tim's post from month to month, I'll substitute something else in.  Other times I completely change colours (usually into "Liz palette" - blues and greens).  And I've gotten to the point where it kinda bugs me to completely copy Tim's tag.  This month, however, I just had to - it was so lovely!  (And I *love* the quote stamp he chose!)  So in addition to creating a tag that turned out pretty much like his (I did swap a stain colour for one I don't have yet), I created another tag of my own design to share with you.

Here they both are:


Materials/tools used on both tags:
 - Ranger Inkssentials Manila tags
 - Ranger Inkssentials Black tags
 - Ranger Distress Ink: Walnut Stain
 - Ranger Distress Embossing Ink
 - Ranger Distress Stain: Pumice Stone
 - Ranger Glossy Accents
 - Ranger Embossing Antiquities Powder: Frosted Crystal
 - idea-ology Industrious Stickers - Borders
 - Ranger Heat Tool
 - Ranger Inkssentials Mister
 - Ranger Inkssentials Blending Foam
 - Tonic Studios: Craft Scissors, Paper Distresser
 - Paper Trimmer
 - Painters Tape
 - Double-stick tape, foam dots, clear embossing powder from my stash


Additional materials/tools used on heart tag:
 - Ranger Distress Ink: Barn Door, Fired Brick, Worn Lipstick
 - Ranger Distress Stain: Brushed Corduroy, Milled Lavender
 - Ranger Distress Glitter: Festive Berries
 - Maya Road Twine Cording: Tomato Red
 - idea-ology Grungeboard
 - Crayola Sidewalk Chalk: White
 - Stamp by Tim Holtz for Stampers Anonymous: CMS182
 - Tim Holtz for Stampers Anonymous Layering Stencil: Hearts
 - Sizzix Big Shot
 - Sizzix Movers and Shapers Dies: Mini Hearts Set
 - Silver cardstock from my stash


Additional materials/tools used on star tag:
 - Ranger Distress Ink: Black Soot, Broken China, Chipped Sapphire, Tumbled Glass
 - Ranger Distress Stain: Antique Linen, Weathered Wood
 - Ranger Distress Glitter: Black Soot, Broken China
 - Maya Road Twine Cording: Blueberry
 - idea-ology Grungeboard Elements
 - Crayola Sidewalk Chalk: Sky Blue
 - Stamp by Tim Holtz for Stampers Anonymous: CMS165
 - Tim Holtz for Stampers Anonymous Layering Stencil: Stars
 - Long Tweezers
 - Metallic Blue Cardstock from my stash

I will admit that playing with loose glitter is never my idea of a good time.  It gets everywhere, and can sometimes be difficult to clean up.  For a glittered look, I much prefer Stickles, which come out cleanly and stay where I put them.  That said, I have to say that Ranger's Distress Glitter isn't too difficult to clean up, and the effect is really cool.  (And I realize that using Stickles to get the same effect would use up a lot of bottles of Stickles!)  I do find it frustrating, however, that even after using my heat tool on a glittered object, and letting it sit overnight, that when I go to ink the edges I still get glitter on my blending tool.  :-P

I made the star tag second, and had the good idea to use a long pair of tweezers to help me manipulate the stars beneath the glitter I'd poured on them.  It won't work for larger shapes, but the stars were small enough that I could grasp them on the sides and move them without disturbing the glitter on top. (Mostly.)

More views:





That's it for this month, I think.  I won't have a lot of studio time over the next few days, but I plan to be back in early March with my next project.

'Til then!
BAC

2 comments:

  1. Nice tags! I love the stars!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful tags, I like both but my favourite are the blue one (love glitter stars!).

    ReplyDelete