Wednesday, February 19, 2014

Simon Work It Wednesdays: Something New

Hello all!

Today's project is for a new challenge I'm going to be trying to keep up with this year - Simon Says Stamp's Work It Wednesdays!  On the last Wednesday of each month, they're posting a challenge, giving crafters until the following month to submit their projects.

For the last Wednesday in January, their challenge was to use "something new".  New product, new technique, however you choose to interpret that.  I chose to showcase a new stamp I got as part of a set I bought last week (from Simon!), and did it in a slightly different way than usual.  :-)

Here's my tag:


Materials/tools used:
 - Ranger Inkssentials #5 Manila Craft Tags
 - Ranger Inkssentials #8 Black Craft Tags
 - Ranger Distress Paints: Picket Fence, Salty Ocean
 - Ranger Distress Embossing Ink
 - Ranger Embossing Antiquities Powder: Frosted Crystal
 - Maya Road Twine Cording Solids: Blue Raspberry
 - Ranger Heat Tool
 - Ranger Inkssentials Mister
 - Stamp by Tim Holtz for Stampers Anonymous: CMS182
 - Crayola Sidewalk Chalk: Cerulean
 - Blue cardstock, white cardstock, foam dots, double-stick tape from my stash

I never really make a note of it, but whenever I do a tag, it's almost always #8 size.  It's the size I think of as "standard".  (And I always create my tag to be viewed vertically.)  Looking at the stamp I chose for this project, though, I decided to do something a little different (something new!), and pulled out a #5 tag.  The smaller size meant that I was creating horizontally instead of vertically, but it was a fun change.  I kept my palette in shades of blue (always my favourite color!), and gave another try to the chalk resist technique from Tim's November 2013 tag project.  Finished it off with some twine cording from a brand new spool I bought recently, et voila!

More views:



That's it for now.  Back tomorrow with a new project!  :-)

'Til then,
BAC

1 comment:

  1. Blue is my favorite, too. Love this tag, its really pretty. The background is scrumptious...or sumptuous, well, both. ;-)

    ReplyDelete