Friday, May 30, 2014

Bombshell May Colour Challenge: Baked Tones

Hello all!

I know it's been a little while since I had a post for you.  As summer approaches, I find myself getting busier and busier, and spending more and more time outside, rather than cooped up in my studio.  :-)  So here's my commitment until the fall: at least 2 challenges a month, one of which will be Tim's 12 Tags.

The tag below was created for Bombshell Stamps' May Colour Challenge ("Baked Tones").

These were the colours to match:


Here's my tag:


Materials/tools used:
 - Ranger Inkssentials Manila tags
 - Ranger Distress Ink: Brushed Corduroy, Shaded Lilac, Vintage Photo
 - Tsukineko Memento dye ink: Tuxedo Black
 - Copic Sketch markers: B34, B37, E35, N6, R02, RV34, W1
 - idea-ology Linen Ribbon
 - Bombshell Stamps "Pirate's Life" stamp set
 - Ranger Inkssentials Foam Blending Tool
 - Tonic Studios Craft Scissors

Other than actually trying to match the given colours, this was a pretty easy project.  Stamped on the tag with my Memento dye ink, coloured in with my Copics, added some Distress with my foam tool, and a ribbon to finish it off!

More views:

(Really not sure why the darker blue in this picture came out looking so royal!  
Trick of the angle/light, I suspect.  The colour is more accurate in the first picture.)  :-)


Well, that's it for tonight.  Check back tomorrow for my May tag for 12 tags!  :-)

'Til then!

BAC

1 comment: