Sunday, May 4, 2014

Simon Monday Challenge: Not So Mellow Yellow!

Hello again!

Today's project was created for SimonSaysStamp's Monday challenge ("Not So Mellow Yellow").  Here's my tag:


Materials/tools used:
 - Ranger Inkssentials Manila tags
 - Ranger Distress Ink: Mustard Seed, Scattered Straw, Squeezed Lemonade
 - Ranger Distress Stain: Mustard Seed
 - Ranger Distress Paint: Mustard Seed
 - Ranger Archival Ink: Chrome Yellow, Jet Black
 - Studio 490 Embossing Paste: White
 - idea-ology: Crinkle Ribbon, Jump Rings, Philosophy Tags, Wire Pins
 - Tim Holtz for Stampers Anonymous Layering Stencils: Burlap, Splatters
 - Stamps by Tim Holtz for Stamper's Anonymous: CMS183, CSS30195
 - Ranger Heat Tool
 - Ranger Inkssentials Foam Blending Tool
 - Plastic palette knife
 - Painters tape

To create this tage, I started by laying the Burlap stencil over my blank tag, and taping either side of the stencil to my craft sheet with painters tape to keep it in place.  I applied some embossing paste to various areas of the stencil, and used the palette knife to scrape the paste so that it was even with the surface of the stencil.  I carefully removed the stencil, and used my heat tool to speed-dry the embossing paste.   Then I used my blending tool to add a couple shades of yellow Distress ink all over my tag.  I taped the Splatters stencil over the tag, and used a darker yellow shade of Distress to create the splatters.  I stamped the hashtag stamp and the sentiment stamp with Archival ink, and then set the tag aside to work on the pieces for the top.  The ribbon was coloured with Distress stain, crumpled up, and heat-dried.  I dabbed Distress paint all over the surface of the Philosophy tag, until it was in all the recessed areas, and then wiped off the surface of the tag.  A little heat to ensure the paint was dry, and then I attached it to a wire pin with a jump ring, and then to the ribbon at the top.

More views:



'Til next time!

BAC


No comments:

Post a Comment