Monday, June 30, 2014

Bombshell June Colour Challenge: Flora Brights

And I'm back with round 2 for tonight!

This project was created for Bombshell Stamps' June Colour Challenge ("Flora Brights").

And first, a BIG THANK YOU!!! to Bombshell for choosing my May project as their monthly winner! I got a fabulous gift certificate that allowed me to add to my Bombshell collection!  :-)

These were the colours to match:


Here's my tag:


Materials/tools used:
 - Ranger Inkssentials #5 Manila tags
 - Ranger Distress Stain: Broken China
 - Ranger Archival Ink: Cobalt
 - Tsukineko Memento Ink: Tuxedo Black
 - Copic Sketch markers: G46, R02, R05, YR61
 - Maya Road Twine Cording Solids: Blue Raspberry
 - Ranger Heat Tool
 - Bombshell Stamps "Lotus Garden" stamp set
 - Tonic Studios Craft Scissors
 - White cardstock, foam dots from my stash

This was another quick and easy project!  :-)  I really like the lotus stamp, and wanted it to be my focus, so I sized down to a #5 tag.  Covered my tag with Distress Stain, and heated it to dry it faster.  Stamped the water ripple and "Balance" with Archival, and set the tag aside.  Stamped the lotus and petals on some white cardstock (I just grab a couple of blank ATCs for stuff like this) with the Memento dye ink (love it for working with Copics!), gave it a quick shot with the heat tool to dry it, and went to town with my Copics.  I coloured an area of green below the lotus, and included that when I cut it out to give the impression of a lily pad beneath it.  Once everything was coloured and cut out, I attached the pieces to the tag with foam dots for dimension, added some twine cording on the top, and I was done!

More views:



Well, that's it for now!  I'm going to be spending some time out of town in July, so I'm really going to try to get the July projects up a bit faster.  ;-)  Hope you're all enjoying your summers as much as I am!

'Til next time!
BAC

No comments:

Post a Comment