Wednesday, November 27, 2013

Blitsy Holiday Card Challenge

Hi everybody!

Well, my long weekend officially started earlier this afternoon, and so far, I'm pretty much been spending it in my studio.  :-)  Today's project?  Cards for Blitsy's Holiday Card Challenge!

If you're not familiar with Blitsy, give them a look!  They're a little bit like woot! for craft supplies, but their sales last a few days rather than one (or until they sell out!), and they sell more than one product at a time. They sell all kinds of stuff from almost all the major craft companies, and they also have a blog where they share project ideas, make product announcements, and hold challenges.  :-)

When I got home today, I started pulling out my various holiday papers, and stamps, and embossing folders, and trimmings, but then I put it all away again.  Rather than creating a project that would look like anyone else's, working with the same stuff, I decided to do something a little more "me".  I went instead to my stash of hand-carved holiday stamps, and challenged myself to create with only those, and basic solid and metallic cardstock from my stash.  (Okay, I did pull out the label maker again at one point!)  :-)

What I came up with was rather simple, but I really like how they came out.  And the great thing?  They're super easy and fast to put together, so these are some ideas you can use if you're actually making cards in significant quantity.  :-)










Inks used:
Ranger Archival: Cobalt, Deep Purple, Vermillion
Tsukineko Memento: Cottage Ivy
Tsukineko Staz-on: Azure, Cotton White, Forest Green, Jet Black, Silver

I have to admit, I rarely showcase projects using my hand-carved stamps on this blog, so I was happy this project gave me a reason!

'Til next time!

BAC

1 comment:

  1. All your stamps are beautifully carved and wonderful. Lovely cards you have made.

    ReplyDelete