Tuesday, November 26, 2013

November tag!

I can't believe this year is almost over!!  One more tag to go in 2013!

But first, here's my November tag:


Materials/tools used:
 - Ranger Inkssentials Black Craft Tags
 - Ranger Distress Ink: Pumice Stone
 - Ranger Distress Embossing Ink
 - Ranger Archival Ink: Jet Black
 - Ranger Embossing Antiquities powder: Frosted Crystal
 - Maya Road Twine Cording: Blackberry
 - Ranger Heat Tool
 - Ranger Inkssentials Mister
 - Ranger Inkssentials Foam Blending Tool
 - Tonic Craft Scissors
 - Stamps by Tim Holtz for Stampers Anonymous: CMS136, CMS155
 - White cardstock, white chalk, glue dots, foam tape from my stash

Notes: 
 - This was my first time trying out the chalkboard technique, and while I think it's a lot of fun, and looks awesome, it does take some practice.  Just getting the embossing powder cured in all the places, without being overcured in some of them, takes a lot of practice!  But I'll be continuing to work with this one, and eager to see what results I get with coloured chalk as well.
 - I noticed that the white of my chalk didn't look as bright as Tim's example, but I was using the no-name teacher chalk I found at the office supply store.  I'll likely try again with RoseArt or Crayola and see if that makes a difference.  :-)
 - As much as I am intrigued by Tim's new stamp & die collections, they haven't found their way into my budget yet, so in the meantime, I used some blueprint stamps I already owned, and fussy cut them.  Same effect, a little more work.  But totally doable without laying out for new stamp/die combos, and the magnetic platform.  :-)

More views:



I'm looking forward to a nice long weekend (I'm off work beginning at noon on Wednesday, and continuing through the weekend), and spending a lot of it in my studio.  Still have a couple more posts planned in November.  What are your creative plans for the holiday?  :-)

BAC

1 comment: