This project was created for Inspiration Journal's April challenge ("A Few of My Favourite Things"), and is also being submitted to SimonSaysStamp's Wednesday challenge ("Anything Goes").
Here's my tag:
- Ranger Inkssentials Manila tags
- Ranger Distress Ink: Antique Linen, Black Soot, Chipped Sapphire, Dusty Concord, Fired Brick, Stormy Sky, Vintage Photo, Walnut Stain
- Ranger Distress Stain: Tea Dye
- idea-ology Chit Chat
- Maya Road Twine Cording: Blackberry
- Ranger Heat Tool
- Ranger Inkssentials Foam Blending Tool
- Ranger Inkssentials Mister
- Tonic Studios Craft Scissors
- Stamps by Tim Holtz for Stampers Anonymous: CMS162, CSS25900
Ever since I was a little kid, I've thought trains were cool. So, since I've already submitted a Moulin Rouge tag to this challenge this month, I figured trains would be a fun theme. :-)
I started by covering my tag with Distress Stain and heating it to dry it. I splattered some water droplets on it, again drying it, and then began to stamp some of my various train-themed stamps. All of the stamps except the train were stamped with colors, and the train I stamped in black, to make it stand out. Once I was done stamping, I edged my card with Vintage Photo Distress ink, inked a Chit Chat sticker with a little Antique Linen, and added it to the tag. Lastly, I cut a piece of the Maya Road twine cording, and ran a foam blending tool with some brown ink on it over it to make it look a little older and dingier, and tied it through the hole at the top.
Well, I may be back before the end of the week, but this is definitely it for April's projects! See you next month!