Thursday, March 27, 2014

March tag!

Hello all!

I have 2 posts for you today, and the first is my March tag(s) for 12 Tags of 2014!  It's actually 2 tags, created at the same time, using Tim's suggestion of huffing the stamp after stamping the first time, for a second generation print.

Here are my tags:


Materials/tools used:
 - Ranger Inkssentials Manila tags
 - Ranger Distress Ink: Antique Linen, Chipped Sapphire, Dusty Concord, Frayed Burlap, Pumice Stone, Vintage Photo, Walnut Stain
 - Ranger Distress Marker: Fired Brick
 - Ranger Distress Paint: Barn Door
 - Ranger Distress Stain: Weathered Wood
 - idea-ology: Crinkle Ribbon, Jute String, Tiny Attacher, Tissue Tape (Nostalgic), Word Bands (Observations)
 - Ranger Heat Tool
 - Ranger Distress Marker Spritzer
 - Ranger Inkssentials Mister
 - Ranger Inkssentials Blending Foam
 - Tonic Studios Craft Scissors
 - Tim Holtz for Stampers Anonymous Layering Stencil: Harlequin
 - Stamps by Tim Holtz for Stampers Anonymous: CSS25894, CSS30188

I won't lie; these are not my favourite tags out of all the ones I've done for 12 Tags over the last 15 months.  If I did them over, I'd probably choose some brighter ink colours that would pop more against the background.  But the technique is solid.  (And any letterboxers reading this know that we've been huffing our stamps for more impressions long before Tim Holtz started telling papercrafters to!)  ;-)

I'm a bit frustrated with the Marker Spritzer.  When I first tested it out, I used a new marker with it, and got great, dark results.  The colour I used on this project is one I've had for over a year, and while it still colours beautifully, I had a lot of trouble getting it to work with the Spritzer.  :-/  Maybe it only works with very new juicy markers?

More views:





I'll be back in a little bit with my next post, so grab a cup of coffee (tea/water/etc.), kick your feet up, and hang out.

'Til then!
BAC


No comments:

Post a Comment