Tuesday, March 11, 2014

Simon Wednesday Challenge: Simon Says Tag It!

Hello again!

I have 2 project posts to share with you today!  The first is a tag I created for SimonSaysStamp's Wednesday challenge ("Simon Says Tag It").  I'm also submitting it to SimonSaysStamp's Monday Challenge ("D is for Distress"), to Inspiration Journal's March Challenge ("A Splash of Colour"), and to A Vintage Journey ("Anything Tim Holtz").

Here's my tag:


Materials/tools used:
 - Ranger Inkssentials Manila craft tags
 - Ranger Distress Ink: Black Soot, Frayed Burlap, Walnut Stain
 - Ranger Distress Stain: Barn Door, Faded Jeans, Vintage Photo
 - Ranger Distress Paint: Picket Fence
 - Ranger Distress Markers: Chipped Sapphire
 - Ranger Archival Ink: Jet Black, Vermillion
 - Ranger Alcohol Ink: Lake Mist
 - Studio 490 Embossing Paste: White
 - idea-ology: Chit Chat, Crinkle Ribbon, Enameled Tags, Long Fasteners, Remnant Rubs (Elements, Life Quotes)
 - Tim Holtz for Stampers Anonymous Layering Stencils: Cargo, Harlequin, Rays, Stars
 - Ranger Heat Tool
 - Ranger Inkssentials Mister
 - Ranger Inkssentials Foam Blending Tool
 - Ranger Alcohol Ink Felt
 - Tonic Studios: Craft Pick, Craft Scissors, Paper Distresser
 - Xyron 2.5" sticker maker
 - Plastic palette knife
 - Stamps by Stampabilities (Eiffel Tower), and Tim Holtz for Stampers Anonymous (CSS30188)

For this tag, I had some fun playing around with and combining some of the techniques from last year's 12 tags.  You'll notice inspiration from May, July, and September.  One thing I *did* notice was that the Chit Chat stickers did not want to stick very well to the areas with embossing paste.  I solved that by quickly running them through my Xyron for an extra layer of adhesive.  Worked like a charm!

I had fun using the Remnant Rubs to create a custom enameled tag, though I did find that I need to be a little more careful getting my words straight - oops!  But adding a custom tag, TO my tag, seemed the like perfect idea when the theme is tags of all sorts!  :-)

More views:




Well, that's it for this project!  But I'll be following this up with another post later today, so don't go too far!

BAC

7 comments:

  1. I love this tag! The colors are beautiful and the Eiffel Tower image is beautiful, too! Thank you so much for joining us at the Simon Says Wednesday Challenge Blog! PS: Please consider turning off word verification. This makes commenting on your pretty projects easier! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. A wonderful mottled and distressed background in striking colours and with great stamping. The composition is very pleasing to the eye and is well balanced. Thanks for travelling on A Vintage Journey with us and I hope you hop aboard again xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely tag, the little enamel tag is gorgeous as is your colour palette. Lovely backdrop too. Thanks so much for joining in the Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge. Tracy x

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a gorgeous tag! Love the resist background and the way you've altered the enamelled tag. Thanks for joining us at A Vintage Journey. Jenny x

    ReplyDelete
  5. You have been busy! I like this tag even better. =) Thanks for joining us again at Inspiration Journal.

    ReplyDelete