Monday, March 31, 2014

(Bombshell) BINGO!!!

Hello again!

I've been following the challenges on the Bombshell Stamps blog for awhile now, but haven't been able to join in because they usually require use of their stamps (not that I blame them!), and I haven't found room in my budget to acquire any of their sets yet.  (Though they're on my list!)

Well, this month I was in luck, since their posted challenge doesn't require using their stamps to participate.  So I gave it a shot with a stamp that I carved a few years ago based on a piece of clip art I found.  I hope I captured the Bombshell spirit!!  ;-)

The theme this month was Bombshell Bingo.  The spaces I chose were: distressing, tattoos, twine, purple and embossing.  I'm also submitting this tag to SimonSaysStamp's Monday Challenge ("Anything Goes"), as well as Simon's Work It Wednesdays ("Spring/Bright Colours").

Here's my tag:


Materials/tools used:
 - Ranger Inkssentials Manila tag
 - Ranger Distress Ink: Dusty Concord, Peacock Feathers
 - Ranger Distress Stain: Dusty Concord
 - Ranger Distress Crackle Paint: Clear Rock Candy
 - Tsukineko Memento dye ink: Tuxedo Black
 - Copic Sketch markers: B04, BG10, BG13, R00, R02, R43, V15, YR16
 - idea-ology Grungeboard Elements
 - Maya Road Twine Cording Solids: Blue Raspberry
 - Core'dinations Tim Holtz Kraft Core: #18
 - Ranger Heat Tool
 - Ranger Inkssentials Foam Blending Tool
 - Tim Holtz for Stampers Anonymous Layering Stencil: Stars
 - Tonic Studios Craft Scissors
 - Paper trimmer
 - Painters tape
 - Stamp carved by me
 - Double-stick tape, foam dots, clear embossing powder, white cardstock from my stash

The purple stars in the background were embossed with clear powder, using the same technique I used on my February tag for 12 Tags.  Once they were cool, I was able to fill in the rest of the background with Peacock Feathers without changing their colour.  The mermaid stamp reminded me a bit of a tattoo you might see on a sailor's arm, so it seemed like a good choice for this project.  I coloured her with my Copics, distressed the edges with a little more of the Peacock Feathers ink for continuity, and layered that card on a piece of purple cardstock before affixing it to my tag.  Some embellishing with twine (love those Maya Road twine colors!!!), and a grungeboard star with a shattered stains treatment, and I was done!  Hope you like her.  ;-)

More views:



That's all I have for you tonight! 'Til next time!

BAC


6 comments:

  1. Fun tag! It's fun to submit to contests, good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous tag. You carved your stamps? Wow! That's incredible. Great job! Thanks for sharing your work with us for the Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge. ~Michelle

    ReplyDelete
  3. ahoy...great stuff. you should totally be on their design team. Which stamps are you most wanting? AQ mail me the answers please

    ReplyDelete
  4. Super cute tag! I love it! Thanks so much for playing in my Bombshell Bingo challenge!
    Hugs,
    Leslie, GDT
    Love To Scrap!
    Love To Scrap! Challenge Blog

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cute tag! I love the stamp you used. You carved it yourself? That's so awesome!

    Thanks for playing along with Bombshell Stamps Ms. March Pin-Up Challenge! I hope you play along with us again this month!

    Kim
    Prize Patrol Captain

    ReplyDelete
  6. So impressed that you carved that wonderful mermaid and then used it to create this fabulous tag. Your coloring is wonderful.

    Thanks for playing along with Bombshell Stamps Challenges!

    You should subscribe to the newsletter to stay up to date on all things Bombshell, including new stamp sets, our challenges, and any DT calls. Plus, if you subscribe, you'll be in the running to win a $100. shopping spree at Bombshell's store!

    ReplyDelete