Monday, March 24, 2014

Simon Work It Wednesdays: Something Simon

Hello again!

Here's another project I managed to get finished this past weekend.  I created it for SimonSaysStamp's Work It Wednesdays!  The theme this month was to use something (stamp, die, paper, ink, etc.), that was Simon-branded.

I used a stamp from the Chalkboard Love set to create this:


Materials/tools used:
 - Ranger Inkssentials Manila tags
 - Ranger Inkssentials Manila ATC blanks
 - Ranger Distress Ink: Tea Dye, Vintage Photo
 - Ranger Distress Paint: Antiqued Bronze, Broken China, Peeled Paint, Salty Ocean
 - Ranger Archival Ink: Jet Black
 - idea-ology: Word Bands (Observations)
 - Maya Road Twine Cording Solids: Blue Raspberry
 - Stamp by SimonSaysStamp: Chalkboard Love
 - Ranger Heat Tool
 - Ranger Inkssentials Foam Blending Tool
 - Ranger Inkssentials Mister
 - Tonic Studios: Craft Scissors, Paper Distresser
 - Foam dots from my stash
 - Paper towels

This seemed like the perfect sentiment stamp to use for this project, because the others on the sheet seemed more Valentine's-specific, and I did a lot of that last month.  (Though the stamp on that sheet that led me to buy it in the first place was the "My Funny Valentine" stamp, so expect to see that at some point before Valentine's Day 2015!)

Once I'd chosen my stamp, I needed to decide how to present it, and decided to open the copy of Compendium of Curiosities Volume 3 that I finally got my hot little hands on last week.  :-)  The background was my first attempt at the eroded metallic technique showcased in that book.  It calls for some more experimentation and playing, but not a bad first result.  The sentiment was the perfect size for a blank ATC, so I stamped onto one, quick-dried it with my Heat Tool (yes, I am impatient forever!), and got to distressing.  I wanted a little something extra for the bottom, so I opened up a package of Word Bands, and secured one with some twine cording.  (I *love* that Blue Raspberry colour, so much so I see that this is the second month in a row I've used it on my Work It Wednesday project!)

More views:



Well, that's it for now.  Hopefully back with more soon.

'Til then,
BAC


No comments:

Post a Comment