Wednesday, March 26, 2014

Simon Wednesday Challenge: Simon Says Glitter It

Hello again!

I'm back with a tag that I created for SimonSaysStamp's Wednesday Challenge ("Simon Says Glitter It").  I'm also submitting it to SimonSaysStamp's Monday Challenge ("Transparent").  :-)

Here's my tag:


Materials/tools used:
 - Ranger Inkssentials Black tags
 - Ranger Inkssentials Kraft tags
 - Ranger Inkssentials Manila tags
 - Ranger Distress Ink: Fired Brick, Tea Dye
 - Ranger Archival Ink: Jet Black, Vermillion
 - Ranger Stickles: Baby Blue, Dark Blue, Yellow
 - Ranger Glitz Stickles: Ruby Slippers, Tiara
 - Ranger Glossy Accents
 - Studio 490 Clearly for Art
 - Maya Road Twine Cording: Tomato Red
 - Ranger Inkssentials Foam Blending Tool
 - Sizzix Big Shot
 - Sizzix Dies: ATC & Corners, Tattered Banners
 - Tonic Studios Craft Scissors
 - Tim Holtz for Stampers Anonymous Layering Stencil: Harlequin
 - Stamps by Tim Holtz for Stampers Anonymous: CMS155, CSS27911
 - Paper trimmer
 - Double-stick tape, white cardstock from my stash

To create the stained glass effect, I stamped with Archival ink on one side of my Clearly for Art, and then flipped it over and applied Stickles to the other side.  Left it to dry overnight before finishing the final assembly on my tag.  I've read about this technique before, but it was my first time trying it.  Worth trying again.  :-)

More views:



Well, that's it for now!

'Til next time,
BAC

1 comment:

  1. Lovely tag - that heart image is one of my absolute favourites! Thanks for joining us for this week's Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge!

    ReplyDelete