I don't know about you, but my weekend was pretty crazy busy! Luckily, I was able to find some time in my studio this afternoon, though, as I really needed a little creative break! :-)
This tag was created for SimonSaysStamp's Monday Challenge ("Lucky"), and will also be submitted to SimonSaysStamp's Wednesday Challenge ("Simon Says Glitter It"), to Inspiration Journal's March challenge ("A Splash of Colour"), and to A Vintage Journey ("Say It with Words").
Here's my tag:
- Ranger Inkssentials Kraft tags
- Ranger Distress Ink: Fired Brick, Frayed Burlap, Mowed Lawn, Peeled Paint
- Ranger Distress Stickles: Fired Brick, Peeled Paint
- Ranger Glossy Accents
- idea-ology: Grungeboard, Remnant Rubs (Life Quotes), Tiny Attacher
- Maya Road Twine Cording Solids: Cherry Red, Lime Green
- Ranger Heat Tool
- Ranger Inkssentials Foam Blending Tool
- Sizzix Big Shot
- Sizzix Movers & Shapers Die Mini Hearts Set
- Tonic Studios: Craft Scissors, Paper Distresser
- Foam dots from my stash
Well, I'm still having a little trouble transferring my remnant rubs without losing any of the edge bits. But I really like how they look, so I'm going to keep trying! ;-) Other than that, I was pretty happy with how this one turned out. It's on the simple side, but I like how it came together.
And I really like how I can get a different glitter effect with Distress Stickles, than I can the Distress Glitter. Here, I put some Stickles on each grungeboard heart, and spread them out with my finger for a thin layer over the whole surface. I'm not sure how I'd go about doing that with the Distress Glitter, and I'm really hoping Ranger doesn't decide it's run it's course, and pull it. (I'm also firmly convinced the Stickles are easier to clean up after!)
Here are a couple more views:
Well, that's it for now, but I'm hoping to have more playtime this coming week than I did last week, so hopefully the next post won't be too far along.
'Til next time!