Sunday, March 23, 2014

Simon Monday Challenge: Lucky

Hello everyone!

I don't know about you, but my weekend was pretty crazy busy!  Luckily, I was able to find some time in my studio this afternoon, though, as I really needed a little creative break!  :-)

This tag was created for SimonSaysStamp's Monday Challenge ("Lucky"), and will also be submitted to SimonSaysStamp's Wednesday Challenge ("Simon Says Glitter It"), to Inspiration Journal's March challenge ("A Splash of Colour"), and to A Vintage Journey ("Say It with Words").

Here's my tag:


Materials/tools used:
 - Ranger Inkssentials Kraft tags
 - Ranger Distress Ink: Fired Brick, Frayed Burlap, Mowed Lawn, Peeled Paint
 - Ranger Distress Stickles: Fired Brick, Peeled Paint
 - Ranger Glossy Accents
 - idea-ology: Grungeboard, Remnant Rubs (Life Quotes), Tiny Attacher
 - Maya Road Twine Cording Solids: Cherry Red, Lime Green
 - Ranger Heat Tool
 - Ranger Inkssentials Foam Blending Tool
 - Sizzix Big Shot
 - Sizzix Movers & Shapers Die Mini Hearts Set
 - Tonic Studios: Craft Scissors, Paper Distresser
 - Foam dots from my stash

Well, I'm still having a little trouble transferring my remnant rubs without losing any of the edge bits.  But I really like how they look, so I'm going to keep trying!  ;-)  Other than that, I was pretty happy with how this one turned out.  It's on the simple side, but I like how it came together.

And I really like how I can get a different glitter effect with Distress Stickles, than I can the Distress Glitter.  Here, I put some Stickles on each grungeboard heart, and spread them out with my finger for a thin layer over the whole surface. I'm not sure how I'd go about doing that with the Distress Glitter, and I'm really hoping Ranger doesn't decide it's run it's course, and pull it.  (I'm also firmly convinced the Stickles are easier to clean up after!)

Here are a couple more views:




Well, that's it for now, but I'm hoping to have more playtime this coming week than I did last week, so hopefully the next post won't be too far along.

'Til next time!
BAC

7 comments:

  1. Love the pop of red in the clover! Clever and pretty tag! Thanks for joining in the challenge with us at Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this tag! This was such a clever interpretation of our challenge theme and I have never seen a shamrock that's so creatively done! I thought it was brilliant to use hearts for the clover, but my favorite is how you made one of the hearts pink. Wonderful work and I like how the clover's stem wraps around the sentiment. This was so fun to see and I'm so glad that you shared your talents with us here at the Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge Blog!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this!!!! very pretty. Almost looks like suede, a rich look to it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Super cute and I love the read "leaf"-very fun. Thanks for playing along with us in the Glitter It Challenge over at the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday

    ReplyDelete
  5. So clever to have the fourth lucky leaf as a red heart! Thanks for joining us on A Vintage Journey.
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a great sentiment to go along with that Lucky clover! Thank you for sharing your luck with us at A Vintage Journey!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Glitter is good! ;-) Thanks for joining us at Inspiration Journal this month.

    ReplyDelete