Tuesday, April 29, 2014

Bombshell April Colour Challenge: Comfort Tones

Hello again!

Here's the second project I created for a Bombshell Stamps challenge this month.  This tag was created for the April Colour Challenge ("Comfort Tones").

These were the colours to match:



Here's my tag:


Materials/tools used:
 - Ranger Inkssentials Manila tags
 - Ranger Distress Ink: Brushed Corduroy, Evergreen Bough, Iced Spruce, Victorian Velvet 
 - Ranger Distress Stain: Evergreen Bough, Iced Spruce
 - Tsukineko Memento dye ink: Tuxedo Black
 - Copic Sketch markers: BG72, E23, R00, R02, R59, RV91, 0
 - Ranger Ice Stickles: Cherry Ice
 - idea-ology Crinkle Ribbon
 - Ranger Heat Tool
 - Ranger Inkssentials Foam Blending Tool
 - Ranger Inkssentials Mister
 - Bombshell Stamps "Bombshell Angel" stamp set
 - Tonic Studios Craft Scissors
 - Paper trimmer
 - White cardstock, double-stick tape, foam dots from my stash

I should start by noting that I kept as close to the suggested palette as possible, within the limits of the markers/ink I own.  (I wish I knew of a good method for matching Design Seeds palettes to the Copic colour chart.  If you know of one, please share it!)  :-)

I started by stamping my bombshell with Memento dye ink on white cardstock, and trimming to accommodate her.  I coloured her in with my Copics, and then used my foam tool to add some Victorian Velvet Distress ink around the edge of that piece.  I stamped the "Bombshell" word on another piece of cardstock, and again trimmed it down.  This piece was inked first with Iced Spruce, and then with Evergreen Bough, in an attempt to match the correct palette.  Then I inked the entire surface of a blank tag with Brushed Corduroy, and attached the stamped pieces.  The smaller word stamp was attached with foam dots, to add a little dimension.  Next, I added some dots with Ice Stickles for a little "bling".  Lastly, I cut a piece of crinkle ribbon, and  inked with a couple shades of Distress Stain, dried it with my Heat Tool, and added it to the top.

More views:



That's it for now, but I'll still have a couple projects to share tomorrow.  :-)

'Til then!

BAC

1 comment: