This tag was created for SimonSaysStamp's Wednesday challenge ("Simon Says Animal Antics"), and will also be submitted to SimonSaysStamp's Monday challenge ("Big Stamp"), and Inspiration Journal's April challenge ("A Few of My Favourite Things"). :-)
Here's my tag:
- Ranger Inkssentials #5 Manila tags
- Ranger Distress Ink: Dusty Concord, Mowed Lawn, Picked Raspberry
- Ranger Distress Stain: Squeezed Lemonade
- Tsukineko Memento dye ink: Tuxedo Black
- Copic Sketch markers: B32, BG13, N0, N2, N4, RV42
- idea-ology Label Letters
- Maya Road Twine Cording Solids: Blue Raspberry
- Ranger Heat Tool
- Ranger Inkssentials Foam Blending Tool
- Tonic Studios Craft Scissors
- Stamps by Inkadinkadoo (Kitten), and Recollections (Zebra/Tiger stripe)
- White cardstock, double-stick tape from my stash
I have a LOT of animal stamps, mostly ones I've carved, but when I saw the topic for this challenge, I *knew* I wanted to use this kitten stamp. I picked it up several months ago to use on some ATCs, and I just LOVE it!
So I stamped it with the Memento dye ink onto a piece of white cardstock (actually an ATC blank - I keep a bunch pre-cut on my work table), and once it was dry, I coloured it in with my Copics. I thought about doing the tiger-stripe background in more "natural" colours, but decided to keep it fun and playful. I covered a blank tag with Distress stain, dried it with my heat tool, and then stamped up my background stamp over it. (If memory serves, that stamp was originally sold as zebra print, but I've only ever used it as tiger print, so...) ;-) I inked around the edges of the tag, and set it aside. I ripped the excess white cardstock off around my kitten stamp to create a little texture, and again inked around the edges with more Distress ink. Attached it to the tag, added my sentiment with the label letters at the bottom, some twine cording at the top, and I was done!
'Til next time!