Monday, April 28, 2014

Simon Work It Wednesdays: Spring/Bright Colours

...Aaaand we're back!  (Though somewhat delayed from the original posting plan - oops!)

This project was created for SimonSaysStamp's Work It Wednesdays ("Spring/Bright Colours").  I'm also submitting it to A Vintage Journey ("Spring Flowers"), and Inspiration Journal ("A Few of My Favourite Things").

Here's my tag:


Materials/tools used:
 - Ranger Inkssentials Manila tags
 - Ranger Distress Ink: Broken China, Mowed Lawn, Picked Raspberry, Ripe Persimmon, Salty Ocean, Seedless Preserves
 - Ranger Distress Paint: Picket Fence
 - Ranger Heat Tool
 - Ranger Inkssentials Foam Blending Tool
 - Maya Road Twine Cording Solids: Lime Green
 - Tonic Studios Craft Scissors
 - Stamps by Tim Holtz for Stampers Anonymous: CSS27836, CSS30218

To create this tag, I first stamped the largest flower stamp with white Distress paint (taking care to immediately clean my stamp off before the paint dried!), and then dried the paint with my heat tool.  Next, I used my foam tool to ink the entire tag with Broken China Distress ink, to give the impression of sky.  I stamped up 3 different flower stamps at the bottom several times, each with a different colour.  I stamped my butterfly and sentiment also, and then finished with some twine cording at the top.

More views:



Back in a little bit, with the third and final project from this past weekend!  :-)

2 comments:

  1. What a fabulous, colourful and spring time tag - great layered stamping! Thank you for travelling with us at A Vintage Journey for this month's challenge. Best wishes Jennie

    ReplyDelete