Wednesday, April 9, 2014

Simon Wednesday Challenge: Simon Says Happy Birthday!

Hello all!

This project was created for SimonSaysStamp's Wednesday challenge ("Simon Says Happy Birthday"), and I'm also submitting it to Inspiration Journal's April challenge ("A Few of My Favourite Things").  :-)

Here's my take on a birthday tag:


Materials/tools used:
 - Ranger Inkssentials Manila tags
 - Ranger Distress Ink: Squeezed Lemonade, Vintage Photo
 - Ranger Distress Markers: Brushed Corduroy, Dusty Concord, Mowed Lawn, Mustard Seed, Peacock Feathers, Picked Raspberry, Ripe Persimmon, Salty Ocean, Victorian Velvet, Vintage Photo
 - Ranger Archival Ink: Deep Purple, Jet Black, Vermillion
 - Maya Road Twine Cording Solids: Cherry Red
 - Ranger Heat Tool
 - Ranger Distress Marker Spritzer
 - Ranger Inkssentials Blending Foam
 - Tonic Studios Craft Scissors
 - Waterbrush: Detailer and Small tips
 - Stamps by Tim Holtz for Stampers Anonymous: CMS155, HL-P1-005

For this tag, I stamped my cupcake, set it with my heat tool, and coloured it in with Distress markers and waterbrush.  Then I cut a mask of my cupcake out of a scrap craft tag, and used it to cover the cupcake while i went to town with the marker spritzer.  I was going for a "confetti" feel, but I think it would also do well for fireworks.  :-)  Added some sentiments, and finished it off!  :-)

More views:



'Til next time!

BAC



4 comments:

  1. Gorgeous tag Liz :-) I love the colours and whole design of this ! the background looks amazing ! :-)

    thanks for joining us on the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge
    luv
    Lols x x x

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fun tag! That cupcake is fabulous! Thanks so much for playing along with the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cute, cute tag! Thanks for joining us in the Inspiration Journal monthly challenge :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for joining us for our April Challenge at Inspiration Journal-My Favorite Things!

    Wonderful tag! I love those line stamps-such pretty colors too!

    ♥ Sue Kment

    ReplyDelete